Why Volunteer at PMIQ?
Volunteering at the Queensland Chapter
Volunteering with PMI Queensland Chapter is one of the best ways to grow skills in leadership, as well as to quickly extend your industry networks. PMI QLD embraces volunteers, which are aligned with our four pillars:
- Create and maintain a Vibrant Community
- Promote Learning and Growth
- Provide Partner Connections and
- Achieve Social Good
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
We are constantly looking for people from different backgrounds to assist with a diverse range of activities, including:
Provide value to members by offering events in different formats that suit the needs and demographics of the chapter. This includes the execution of all PMIQ Events, including planning, speaker engagement, organising, executing, and communication of the events.
Ensure the PMIQ members value being involved, are engaged and able to be part of the chapter, their fellow members and the community.
Provide professional development opportunities and information for members, including professional and career development through certifications and improvement of project management skills.
To create a vibrant, active, agile and eager “Volunteer Engine” that portfolios can draw on for short and long term initiatives.
Build strong, mutually beneficial partnerships with academic institutions, promoting the PMIQ brand and value proposition.
Marketing & Communication
Promote and publish timely, relevant and engaging communication with members to ensure they feel valued and are part of the chapter and community.
Innovate new digital solutions and leverage opportunities that enable the chapter to become more digitally aligned.
Benefits of Volunteering
There are numerous benefits of being a PMIQ volunteer, if you are onboard with us you will:
- Develop and sharpen vital new skills, including leadership, collaboration and team-building techniques
- Gain experience in new areas of practice
- Build your professional network by developing mutually beneficial relationships with other project managers
- Realize the fulfillment of volunteering your time to make a difference in the world around you
- Achieve Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Are you ready to volunteer? Do you believe you will help us to achieve our goals? Click below to register your interest
Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS).
If you have questions about Volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Engagement team.