To advance the practice and profession of project management by providing programs, resources, and support to academic institutions in Queensland.
Drive collaboration between PMI Queensland and University network through active engagement with Students and Academics for the attainment of mutually beneficial goals.
- Faculty Engagement
- Assisting faculty members develop a tailored strategy for integrating Project Management into School Curricula.
- Providing Universities with contact opportunities with seasoned Project Managers who can assist in facilitating workshops and conferences.
- Access to a network of Project Managers who can provide guest lectures.
- Project Management consulting and coaching in support of University Staff.
- Student Engagement
- Ample networking opportunities with professional project managers during monthly chapter meetings.
- Facilitating meet and greet sessions during student orientation.
- Sponsoring Student award ceremonies.
- Opportunities to build project management evidence base through links to events such as the Project Management Day of Service (PMDoS).
- What do I need to get the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)?
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent).
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam. PMI's Project Management Basics online course fulfills this educational prerequisite.
- The certification exam has 150 questions, and you have three hours to complete it.
- To maintain your CAPM, you must retake the exam every five years.
If you are an individual or organisation that would like to collaborate with the PMI Queensland, please contact our Academic Outreach Team.
What is the cost of student membership? Please see our membership page for details or send your inquiry to the Membership Team.
If you have further questions regarding professional development, please contact the Professional Development Team.