Why are we running this program?
To enhance and build your leadership awareness and capability and to help you foster relationships throughout the PMIQ network. You will learn:
- To Guide - As a mentor you’ll learn to inspire, encourage and provide constructive feedback.
- To Grow - As the mentee you’ll learn knowledge and skills relevant to your personal goals – all with a friendly ear to share ideas and insights with.
- To be an active listener, be self-aware, build trust and personal relationships and set authentic goals.
What are the benefits of Mentoring?
In a 2006 Gartner study of over 1,000 workers over a 5 year period:
- 25% of employees who enrolled in a mentoring program had a salary-grade change, only 5% of workers who did not participate in a mentoring program had a change
- Mentors were promoted 6 times more often than those not in a mentoring program
- Mentees were promoted 5 times more often than those not in a mentoring program
- Retention rates also were higher for both mentees (72%) and mentors (69%) than for employees who did not participate in a mentoring program
The 10 month program is all about guiding & growing your leadership skills either as a mentor or as someone being mentored – the ‘mentee’.
How will it work?
Our 10 month program is a mix of formal training, practical mentoring sessions and getting together with other members of the program to share experiences and learn from each other.
Our use of the Kolbe A Assessment to discover your Kolbe Mode of Operation sets our program apart. Prepare to be amazed at how this insight will change the way you act, react and interact with others and the impact it will have on your career, relationships and the way you communicate.
- Once you register, we will send you a matching form to complete that will help us with the matching magic which happens after the launch in February.
- The program will officially kick-off with a Launch event in February. During this joint mentor/mentee introduction to the program, the structure, workshop dates, methodology used to achieve the best results and the roles & responsibilities of each participant will be shared, and you'll have a chance to hear from past program participants and ask lots of questions.
- Post the Launch, we will help Mentees get clarity about their goals during the Goal-setting workshop, and you'll receive a link to complete your Kolbe A assessment. This is what sets our program apart from others - we help you identify your superpowers, your innate ways of striving, working towards your goals, and being your most productive self!
- Armed with your Kolbe Mode of Operation (your unique M.O.) we are able to match you with a mentor who gets you, and who will not give you one-size-fits-all advice that only works for 5% of the population. Prepare to be amazed at how this insight will change the way you act, react and interact with others and the impact it will have on your career, relationships and the way you communicate.
- Once matching has been completed, mentors and mentees will be introduced during the Meet you Mentor workshop in March. We will also share your M.O. (Kolbe A results) and what that means for your mentoring journey ahead.
- Additional training (Coaching Skills for Mentors & Managers; Productivity, Procrastination and Managing Stress; Teamwork & Collaboration master classes) and networking sessions will occur during the year to share, learn and evolve as a mentor/mentee (dates and details will be shared at the Launch), culminating in our...
- Year-end Celebration event at the end of our program in November.
- All mentors and mentees will be fully supported throughout the program.
- Mentors and mentees will be required to meet for a minimum of 1.5 hours per month.
- For more information contact PMIQ CEO, Liezel Pieters
The program is free for Mentors.
Mentees: PMI Queensland Chapter Member $200 / Non-member $300 – this includes:
- Kolbe A psychometric Assessment & set of reports (valued at $175/mentoring couple)
- Leadership & PerformanceTraining (minimum of 10 hours)
- Venue hire & light refreshments for six formal workshops
- Mentoring support materials (Workbook to take you through the process, step-by-step)
- Workshop materials & stationary and PMIQ program support for the year
No refunds will made once the Kolbe A assessment has been completed post the Launch event.