PMIQ Board Election
PMIQ Board Election
PMI Queensland Chapter (Chapter) holds annual elections for Chapter Board positions. Each year, elections to fill four Board positions will be held by electronic ballot, before the results are announced at the Annual General Meeting in November.
About the Board
The Chapter’s Board consists of eight (8) positions: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and four Directors at large. Board members are elected for a term of two years. The outgoing President becomes the Immediate Past President and attends Board meetings but has no voting rights.
Board Election Process
Nominations are called for the following Board positions:
- President - 1 position
- Vice-President - 1 position
- Director-at-Large: 2 positions
We are seeking candidates of the highest calibre. The Chapter has developed a selection criteria to assist prospective candidates to understand the attributes which the Board considers are important for success in a Board role. Our Chapter rules and Chapter ByLaws also provide criteria for board nominations. Refer to our PMIQ Governing Documents page on our website.
These criteria are intended to ensure that successful candidates experience a rewarding term on the Board, and the Board is composed of individuals with the ability to manage and grow one of Australia’s most dynamic PMI Chapters.
To nominate as an election candidate, please complete the Nomination Form linked below and submit it by email, by not later than Friday, 20 October 2023.
- Nominations will open from Wednesday, 4 October 2023 to Friday, 20th October 2023. Nominations received after 23:59 Brisbane time on 20 October will not be considered.
- Each valid nomination will be acknowledged, the candidate's eligibility to stand for election verified, and the candidate will have a short meeting (by phone, web conference, or in-person) with the Nominating Committee.
- Voting opens Monday 6th November 2023 and closes Monday 20th November 2023. Results will be announced at AGM on Thursday 23rd November 2023.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss nominating for a Board position, please contact the Nominations Committee (email@example.com) or seek informal advice from individual Board Members about their current roles.
After qualifying nominations are confirmed, candidates will be listed on the PMIQ website for members to consider.