Volunteers are a very important part of Queensland Chapter of the PMI. Our Volunteers are committed and enthusiastic people who work alongside our Chapter Board members. Volunteers contribute significantly to enhancing the experiences we can offer our member, guest, and visitors.
Queensland Chapter Volunteers help to deliver a fantastic range of exciting and memorable services, events, and programs as well as assisting the Chapter Portfolio Directors and the Chapter Board behind the scenes.
This is an excellent way to expand your network as well as increase your skills and qualifications as a leader.
Volunteers are the lifeblood and foundation of PMI. Your participation enables us to serve, grow and advance the project management profession and your Chapter.
Contributing to Chapter activities not only betters the Chapter, but it also benefits you in many ways. People choose to become Queensland Chapter Volunteers for a number of reasons, including:
- Sharing their skills and talents with the Chapter and its guest
- Helping preserve and promote the Chapter’s services, events, and programs
- Stay connected with those involved in the chapter
- Gaining further experience for a future career in project management or another relevant area
- Enhance your professional skills (writing, presentation, leadership, etc.)
- Pursuing a specific interest in an area of the Chapter
- Experiencing new things
- Meeting interesting people and having a great time
- Make a positive difference
- Earn professional Development Units (PDUs) to help you meet your continuing certification requirements
We want your participation - We want you to Get Involved. Whatever your interest or strength, the PMI Queensland Chapter encourages you to become actively involved in making this an outstanding organization!
Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and have a common interest in project management. They include students, retirees, full-time and part-time workers. Everyone has something to offer.
If you have questions about Volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Engagement team.