To be eligible for a certification, the eligibility requirements must be met before applying for the certification examination. Eligibility requirements are documented in the respective credential handbook on the Global PMI website.
Certification examinations are managed by PMI globally and administered by PMI’s administration partner Pearson Vue.
You cannot schedule your schedule exam until PMI has approved your application
Once you are eligible to take the examination, PMI will notify you by e-mail and send you examination scheduling instructions.
The PMP, CAPM, and the PMI-ACP Exam are all available as a remote proctor exam as well as in-center (at PearsonVue). This means that you do not need to attend a testing center and you can take the exam from home or from your office. A live proctor will monitor you while you take the exam remotely through your computer camera.
For ALL OTHER PMI Exams (PgMP, etc.) you will need to attend a testing center. They are computer-based tests however you cannot do them remotely.
The Exam Eligibility Period:
- is the period of time during which you are able to test
- lasts one year from the day your application was approved
You may take the examination up to three times within this one-year eligibility period. If you do not pass on the first attempt, you will be responsible for fees associated with re-examination.
Examination Application Process and Fees
Prior to booking your credential examination, it is necessary to complete the respective credential application form available on the respective credentials’ web page (see below).
Examination fees are set by PMI globally and are subject to change without notice. Fees are dependent on:
1. the credential being undertaken
2. membership status - member rates will only apply to candidates who are members of PMI in good standing at the time your application is approved. If PMI membership is obtained after this application has been submitted, PMI will not issue a refund.
Candidates interested in becoming members of PMI at the time of application for the credential can submit their PMI membership application and credential application at the same time and receive the member rate.
Details of examination fees are included in the respective credential application form located on the credential web page:
If you have further questions you can:
- For Local Support contact the PMIQ Professional Development team.
- View the PMI Global Customer Support webpage including information on how to contact Customer Care via phone, email (email@example.com), and 24/7 live chat services.
- Register for a PMIQ Certification Information Webinar delivered by our PMI Registered Education Partner, PM1World.