PMIQ Mentoring Program
Why are we running this program?
To enhance and build your leadership awareness and capability and to help you foster relationships throughout the PMI network. You will learn:
- To Guide - As a mentor you’ll learn to inspire, encourage and provide constructive feedback.
- To Grow - As the mentee you’ll learn knowledge and skills relevant to your personal goals – all with a friendly ear to share ideas and insights with.
- To be an active listener, be self-aware, build trust and personal relationships and set authentic goals.
What are the benefits of Mentoring?
In a 2006 Gartner study of over 1,000 workers over a 5 year period:
- 25% of employees who enrolled in a mentoring program had a salary-grade change, only 5% of workers who did not participate in a mentoring program had a change
- Mentors were promoted 6 times more often than those not in a mentoring program
- Mentees were promoted 5 times more often than those not in a mentoring program
- Retention rates also were higher for both mentees (72%) and mentors (69%) than for employees who did not participate in a mentoring program
The 10 month program is all about guiding & growing your leadership skills either as a mentor or as someone being mentored – the ‘mentee’.
It’s a mix of formal training, practical mentoring sessions and getting together with other members of the program to share experiences and learn from each other.
How will it work?
- All mentors and mentees will be fully supported throughout the program. Both Mentors and Mentees will be given training at the beginning of the program, and will be required to attend a mid-year half-day workshops to share, learn and evolve as a mentor/mentee.
- Mentors and mentees will be required to meet for a minimum of 1.5 hours per month.
- For more information or to receive an application form (mentor/mentee) contact Liezel La Cock.
- Please note that spaces are limited, so please get you application into Liezel by 28 February 2019.
The program is free for mentors.
Mentees: PMI Member $150 / Non-member $250 – this includes training, refreshments, all materials and PMIQ program support for the year
Mentors: Register as a Mentor
Mentees: Register as a Mentee