Seeking new opportunities in Project, Program and Portfolio Management or interested in helping others secure the wanted job?
Join PMIQ’s Job Club*, a monthly event that brings together job seekers, professionals and recruiters helping you to build your network and learn the required skills and techniques to master your application and interview and secure the job you want.
'If you cannot find a job opportunity, you can create the foundations for the one that will come…’ Mozart Sovierzoski, founder of PMIQ’s Job Club, April 2014.
*Membership is open to PMI Queensland Chapter members only. Alternatively, as first time guest you can join the PMIQ Chapter in order to continue joining our monthly sessions.
The inaugural Job Club meeting was held in April 2014, celebrating its first year anniversary in April 2015, with the completion of 11 sessions.
We focus on connecting job seekers with recruiters, successful job applicants and professionals to share valuable insights on how to improve application and interview skills for increasing the likelihood of successful job application.
- Since inauguration, we successfully placed 12 of our Job Club members in the Project, Program and Portfolio Management and Engineering/IT industry.
- Conducted two Job Club Clinics in 2019 providing an unprecedented level of one-on-one service for PMIQ members to seek advice from local recruiters.
How we help you
- Monthly meetings at Brisbane Square Library, Brisbane CBD from February to September each year. NOTE: monthly meetings do not take place in March, July, and October each year as these meetings are substituted by the Job Club Clinic.
- Job Club Clinics - March, July, and October each year.
- Guest speakers from many different industries, PMIQ members, career psychologists, LinkedIn and Resume specialists, reputable Recruiters, and Job Club members sharing their success stories.
What our members say
“I have seen the great benefits of joining the PMIQ Job Club immediately. Not only did I receive professional feedback from industry experts, but sharing thoughts, tools and knowledge with a similar minded group of job seekers is simply the best way to eliminate hindsight and fast-track your own expertise as a job applicant or interviewee. By combining these newly learned skills whilst I was continuously expanding my network with PMI Queensland, I quickly managed to secure a local job in project management consulting services.”
- Kaat Vandekerckhove, PMP
Please register on the upcoming events page on the PMIQ website to visit a club meeting. Your RSVP allows us to prepare the meeting room for the right number of members and guests.