2. Please use caution and common sense when using the website. You are entirely responsible for the information that you post on the website, or send to us or other people through the website (including by using the forums or direct messaging features). You acknowledge that information you disclose in this way can be accessed and viewed by others.
3. We collect information you enter on the website or give to us in any other way, such as through an email, survey or by using the contact enquiry form on the website. We also receive personal information about our members and their memberships from the Project Management Institute ("PMI").
4. Our purpose in collecting and receiving personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information, and disclose it to our contractors and service providers and other third parties (who may be overseas, including in the United States of America) in confidence, as necessary to:
- provide our products and services, and those offered by PMI and other Australian chapters of PMI;
- provide the website and customer support;
- facilitate transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- comply with any law; court order; or valid request from authorities; and
- customise, measure, and improve the website.
5. You may choose to provide or make your personal information available to other users through the functionality of the website, and may communicate with other users in good faith, e.g. to negotiate and sell/purchase rights to images on the website. If any third party makes personal information available to you through the website, you must treat it as confidential, and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
6. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
7. We do not request, receive or store any credit card information. All payments are handled by a secure third party payment gateway.
8. If you have subscribed to our mailing list, we may use your contact details to promote new services and product offers to you, or notify you about important changes to the website. If you would rather not receive this information please use the unsubscribe facility that is provided in our email communications.
9. If you stop your subscription or if unsubscribe from our mailing list, we may retain your contact information for archival purposes only, and will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless required to comply with any law; court order; or valid request from authorities.
10. When you use the website, you acknowledge and agree that we may use non-identifiable information generated by your activities to improve our services and to deliver advertising that is relevant to you.
Updating your Personal Information
12. If you are a current PMI member, please update your personal information by logging into PMI.org and providing your changes there. The information you provide to PMI will then be updated in our website, usually within 24-48 hours.
13. You can update the personal information that we collect on the website by logging in and updating your account details in the "My Account" settings page.