Certification Examinations in Queensland
Certification examinations are managed by PMI globally and administered by PMI’s administration partner Prometric.
Examination details for Brisbane Paper Based Testing (PBT) examinations for 2018 are:
Group Testing Number
|3 March 2018||All Credentials||0092030318||27 January 2018|
|2 June 2018||All Credentials||0092060218||28 April 2018|
|1 September 2018||All Credentials||0092090118||28 July 2018|
|8 December 2018||All Credentials||0092120818||3 November 2018|
Note: All applications must be received, reviewed, approved and payment submitted by the deadline date for the examination.
Computer Based Testing (CBT) and Paper Based Testing (PBT) in Queensland
Depending on the PMI credential and Prometric testing site, your PMI credential examination may be delivered via CBT or PBT.
Prometric are responsible for the allocation of test sites in Queensland. The opening and closing of test sites is determined by Prometric and not by PMI.
Brisbane is part of Prometric’s Authorized Prometric Testing Center (APTC) channel and Prometric currently delivers the CAPM® and PMI-ACP® examinations via CBT. All other examinations in Queensland, including the PMP® are conducted only via PBT.
PMIQ have been told that Prometric only delivers the PMP®, PgMP®, PMI-RMP® and PMI-SP® examinations by CBT in its AP&C (Academic, Professional and Corporate) channel of test sites. The investment necessary to establish an AP&C test site is significant and this investment belongs to Prometric. Generally, Prometric is looking for evidence that about 10,000 hours of testing (equivalent to 2,200 PMP exams) is present in an area annually. While it would be ideal to deliver the exams in as many sites as possible, the historical and projected testing volumes in Queensland have not been met, hence Prometric are not able to justify the investment to establish a test site here.
To be eligible for a certification, the eligibility requirements must be met before applying for the certification examination. Eligibility requirements are documented in the respective credential handbook.
One you are eligible to take the examination, PMI will notify you by e-mail and send you examination scheduling instructions.
The Exam Eligibility Period:
- is the period of time during which you are able to test
- lasts one year
- starts on the day your application was approved
You may take the examination up to three times within this one-year eligibility period. If you do not pass on the first attempt, you will be responsible for fees associated with re-examination.
Examination Application Process and Fees
Prior to booking your credential examination, it is necessary to complete the respective credential application form available on the respective credentials web page
Examination fees are set by PMI globally and are subject to change without notice. Fees are dependent on:
- vthe credential being undertaken
- vthe examination format (CBT or PBT)
- vmembership status - member rates will only apply to candidates who are members of PMI in good standing at the time your application is approved. If PMI membership is obtained after this application has been submitted, PMI will not issue a refund. Candidates interested in becoming members of PMI at the time of application for the credential can submit their PMI membership application and credential application at the same time and receive the member rate.
Details of examination fees are included in the respective credential application form located on the credential web page:
PMIQ assists Prometric to deliver examinations in Brisbane, but are not able to access to individual booking details.
For all booking-related enquiries, please contact Prometric.
To confirm your PBT appointment, PMI will send you electronic confirmation 20 days before your scheduled examination date. The confirmation will contain:
- site instructions, including your eligibility dates
- your examination date and location
- your arrival time for the examination
- identification requirements
- a contact person for the examination.
For all booking related enquiries, please contact Prometric.